We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You’re an ambitious digital marketing innovator.
You have some applicable experience, and you’re willing to tackle the learning curve to figure everything else out.
You want to hit the ground running and create measurable impact at one of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
Yardstick Training is embarking on a multi-sector approach to trusted training solutions in regulated sectors, and requires a digital marketing leader with the hustle and energy to demonstrate the quality and trustworthiness of our content in the market. We’re looking for an ambitious, driven digital strategist with a burning desire to get in on the ground level and transform our approach to marketing by creating a multi-level foundation of systematic and scalable Digital Marketing processes that drive 10x growth through modern tactics, tools, platforms, and strategy.
If you’re the right person, you “get” the concept of the customer value journey – including the importance of building online relationships with new prospects and converting them into loyal, repeat customers – and you’re ready to own this vision as a leader within Yardstick Training.
What would you be doing?
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy to drive 10X growth in existing and new portfolios of online training websites that currently generate multi 7-figure revenues.
- Building a Content Marketing Funnel that entertains, educates, or inspires at the top, prompts product evaluation in the middle, and drives informed purchase decisions at the bottom.
- Digital Advertising on paid platforms by creating campaigns that are built around an attractive offer, compelling copy, engaging creative, trust, and specific targeting.
- Social Media Marketing that leverages Social Listening, Social Influencing, Social Networking, and Social Selling.
- Email Marketing campaigns to expedite a customer’s movement through the value journey by focusing on creating conversion opportunity in transactional, relational, and promotional emails.
- Search Marketing success by building structural and technically sound websites while creating well optimized content that raises our sites up the SERP ladder.
- Growing and collaboratively leading the marketing team, inspiring them to constantly innovate our approach and creating progressively greater reach in each of their core area of strength.
- Creating and executing an Analytics and Data Strategy that focuses on sound optimization and testing to drive brand new visitors at the top of the funnel, convert new visitors into leads in the middle of the funnel, and convert prospects into customers at the bottom of the funnel.
- Work with our various sector leaders to drive a daily marketing stand-up, review the last days conversion results, and adjust on demand.
- Oversee and manage everyone’s process – including the client – with vision and mid-term level planning, and reach out acquire to fresh ideas (contract or piecework hires) to ensure our messaging stays relevant and doesn’t fall into a templated feel.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Broad, demonstrable track record of cutting-edge innovation in digital marketing, including: Content marketing, digital advertising, jab, magnet offer, tripwire offer, core offer, profit maximizer and return paths, SEO, copy writing, link creation, PPC campaigns, social media, lead capture, conversions, paid ads, retargeting, media buying, Google Analytics, sharpshooting, fan favorite, and brainstorming and inventing new site copy, content and calls to action to influence your customer to buy
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of “hustle”
- Highly curious, embracing learning to staying up-to-date with ever-changing digital marketing trends
- Collaborative, inspiring leadership experience mentoring a team of 2-4 staff, and strong interest in building a digital marketing lab within
- Competitive nature, and hungry to achieve huge success while remaining upbeat in the face of challenges
- Data analyst at heart and use data and relevant KPIs and come to actionable conclusions quickly – someone who can craft a recommendation and make it happen
- Highly flexible and adaptable, embracing change
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 17+ days of flexible Paid Time Off
- RRSP Matching Program
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Coffee machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- An active Social Committee