We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You are a relationship-builder – someone who expertly builds rapport and long-lasting relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills.
You are a quicker learner and fearlessly pursue excellence in everything you do — from navigating organizations to get directly in touch with key decision makers to making sure you have a good understanding of our eLearning products.
You believe in engaging and interactive learning and want your work to have a direct impact on up to 1 billion learners by 2025.
Yardstick is looking for an ambitious, engaging relationship builder to join our Edmonton office as our Business Development Manager. Reporting to the AVP of eLearning, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to create, build, and develop relationships with major players in Government, Oil & Gas, Occupational Health and Safety, and Real Estate and Transportation. Understanding the importance of engaging education and your passion behind the Yardstick eLearning products will be what sets you apart – and makes new partnerships a no-brainer!
What would you be doing?
What would you be doing?
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within organizations or associations, and convert into new business.
- Leverage existing connections and standing offers, participate on boards, cold call where necessary, and network within associations to get in front of decision makers and/or major influencers and ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Follow up and complete the initial response/qualification for incoming eLearning leads.
- Provide sales forecasts, analysis, and feedback to the EVP of eLearning.
- Develop sales tactics/approaches/pitches focused on particular product and industry segments.
- Develop a strong understanding of our brand and eLearning products, and remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in online training
- Rebuild relationships with lapsed clients.
- Manage qualified requests for proposal/information from existing clients.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 3-5 years progressive B2B sales experience who has experience in regulated industries such as Alcohol, Oil & Gas, Occupational Health and Safety, Real Estate or Transportation and can fearlessly pursue growth in other industries
- Strong oral and written communication skills coupled the ability to build rapport and relationship with internal employees and clients
- A proven winner with the ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Self-driven with an inspiring entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information to audiences of varied sizes and backgrounds.
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Experience working with government, non-profit, and private sector organizations an asset.
- Passionate about education and technology.
- Willingness to travel (local and international).
- Someone who shares our core values: Random Acts of Kindness, Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit, A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Customer Delight Heroes, Honest & Empowered People
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health & dental
- RSP Matching program
- 17+ days of Paid Time Off
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Coffee machine, to keep you highly caffeinated