We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You’re a true relationship builder – someone who expertly builds rapport through strong interpersonal skills.
You are an adept problem solver and can quickly find solutions to customers’ issues. As a result, you are seen as a trusted advisor by many.
You are sales savvy and recognize win-win opportunities to generate revenue while supporting clients’ goals.
Yardstick Training is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive relationship builder to join our Calgary office as a Client Relationship Manager. The successful candidate will strive to be a Customer Delight Hero for existing safety clients in Alberta and will be a key person in maintaining these great relationships while generating increased revenue. This may take the form of repeat business or through the sale of additional training offerings such as Danatec’s leading WHMIS and TDG training programs.
What would you be doing?
- Act as the trusted advisor to our clients, identifying and anticipating their needs and ensuring we stay accountable to them
- Manage the internal processes for contract updates and amendments, renegotiations and expiring contracts with current and new business.
- Working with other business lines as the liaison for client deliverables, acting as the point of contact for the customer and managing the scope of work.
- Maintaining thoughtful communication to clients, and keeping them updated of Yardstick events, new products and services, upcoming changes, tradeshows, etc.
- Aiding in the transition of clients onto new platforms offered in the Yardstick portfolio.
- Identifying new business opportunities with clients – and closing them.
- Manage and maintain proposal and contract due dates, ensure that all files are delivery in a timely, and accurate fashion
- Communicate internally with our experts as need to acquire the data needed to finalize an agreement or proposal.
- Provide support to the sales team for proposals, including writing of content, submission of questions, and editing
What qualities are we looking for?
- Post-secondary education, especially in business, marketing/communications, or the equivalent in experience
- Previous account management experience, with 3-7 years of experience with inside sales or customer service (experience with regulatory or governmental organizations, or in the safety industry, preferred)
- Experience with customer relationship managements tools (e.g., Salesforce) is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively present information to audiences of varied sizes, including live software demos.
- Understanding of industry technical data, market trends, and customers’ requirements.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills, coupled with interpersonal strengths
- Capability to proactively identify opportunities in an efficient and collaborative manner
- Strong sense of responsibility; someone who takes ownership of opportunities and sees them through
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize and delegate
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Some travel may be required
- Someone who shares our core values: Random Acts of Kindness, Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit, A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Customer Delight Heroes, and Honest and Empowered People.
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RSP Matching Program
- 17+ days of flexible Paid Time Off
- Coffee machine, to keep you highly caffeinated