The Executive Assistant provides senior level administrative management support to Yardstick’s President & COO, Training Division, ensuring the smooth and timely execution of tasks and projects associated with the high level operations of the business. The successful candidate will be required to function at a senior level in all aspects, often assuming a leadership role in order to facilitate successful completion of tasks and projects.
At Danatec (a member of the Yardstick Group of Companies), we’re on a mission to help 1 billion verified learners achieve competence by 2025.
We are entrepreneurial at our core. We take calculated risks to push the envelope. We deliver premiere online training course content created with evidence-based learning principles in mind, ensuring that learners have the knowledge they need to work effectively – and safely.
This is a dynamic place, ever-changing and growing, and with an energy and culture that is palpable. Want to be a part of it? Read on…
We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You’re an organized, detail-oriented administrative professional with impeccable time management skills.
A take-charge, proactive, and adaptable individual, you’re excited to play a key role in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly-changing organization.
Savvy when it comes to policy and strategy, you’re ready to be the right-hand person of the leadership team.
What would you be doing?
- Assists with all internal and external correspondence on behalf of the President, including drafting, editing, and producing letters and memos, emails, speaking notes, and other correspondence material.
- Manages the daily schedule/calendar of the President, including taking initiative to ensure that all calendar items are met and agendas are prepared for.
- Functions as the eyes and ears of the President in day-to-day operations and high-level strategic planning, taking initiative to execute actions that will ensure the success of the business.
- Guides workflow direction and proactively implements solutions.
- Identifies, improves and implements administrative processes relative to the management of business operations, effecting improvements to heighten efficiency, productivity, and cost savings, when possible.
- Works with Yardstick Executive Team to proactively address issues management as it relates to the successful operations of the business.
- Manages all travel arrangements, such as air travel, hotels, transportation, and itineraries.
- Prepares strategic reports on a monthly and ad-hoc basis, as directed by the President.
- Contributes as part of a team to the overall function of the Yardstick office, including ordering office and kitchen supplies, participating in company culture events, assisting with reception relief, and other tasks as required.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Is self-driven with a proven record of high-level administrative management execution.
- Is organized and detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Is a fast learner, experienced in identifying issues and proactively implementing successful solutions.
- Demonstrates a flexible and positive nature with an ability to work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Is able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality at all times.
- Has operational office experience in administration, computer software programs, the Internet, social media, and professionalism.
Why join Yardstick?
- A strong culture (one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, as per Waterstone).
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental benefits.
- 17+ days of paid time off.
- All the caffeine you can handle.