Measure is elegant, modern and secure, designed to align with your brand and strengthen the systems and processes you already have. It stores items, tracks candidate accounts, coordinates sales, and helps you generate sophisticated exams and reports, for 10 candidates or 10,000, when the stakes are high or low.
Exam delivery software.Elegant, modern, easy-to-use testing software.
Yardstick Measure works for you, strengthening the systems and processes you already have.
- Exam delivery
- Item authoring
- Item banking
- Flexible exam creation
- Candidate management and booking
- Marking workflow
Measure clients can do everything.
Moving exams from paper to computers means security, efficiency and convenience.
We built Measure’s intuitive user interface with learner performance and success in mind. From their locked browser, candidates have everything they need at their fingertips. They can take notes, bookmark questions, access pre-approved online resources, browse media, show or hide exam time, and even change text size or language.
Count on Yardstick for a partner with rigour and personality.
Your learning professionals can access Measure anytime, anywhere. If you need help, count on our customer support team to bring an industry-renowned combination of rigour and personality, whether they’re configuring and maintaining your exam site, or delivering and administering your exams. They give you precious time back to focus on test design.
Interested in seeing a demo? Request one now.
Overcome writer’s block with Yardstick Itematic.
Writing items for your item bank is a costly and time consuming process. Yardstick Itematic helps you make the most of your budget and build your item bank quickly and efficiently. Itematic works by breaking your question into multiple components based on grammatical structure. Your authors can create and populate templates, generating hundreds of items at once.
Collaborative marking technology for constructed response questions.
Yardstick developed RedPen to help our clients mark all formats of constructed response questions, from complex case scenarios to short stems with essay responses. From the intuitive administrator interface, you can set up marking teams and workflows, compare and resolve marker conflicts, track progress, share notes and more.
A modern and intuitive user interface meets state-of-the-art functionality. Yardstick Measure supports tests of any size or stakes, from low-stakes formative quizzes and practice exams to high-stakes certification and licensure assessments.
- Customizable Candidate Statement of Understanding
- Locked Down Browser application
- Copy/paste restriction
- Intuitive question navigation and presentation
- Integrated visual aids and resources
- Automatic saving
- Optional timer
Measure provides a seamless item editor that subject matter experts and other writers can use to create, review and approve questions for your exam. Easily add images, modify items and track exam results with our flexible and robust functionality. Integration with Yardstick Itematic to mass-produce multiple-choice questions.
- Multiple question types (multiple-choice, multiple select, numeric response and constructed response/essay)
- Formatting options (bold, italics, underline, images, video, tables, bullets)
- Passage/case scenarios that can be linked with items
- Scoring rubric for long or constructed response questions
- Bulk editing and importing
- Metadata, comments and rationale fields
- Equation editor
- Question history and rollback functionality
- Item enemies
Secure and organized storage for your questions is an essential first step to building defensible exams. Manage, review and grow your item bank as a team with Measure’s collaborative workflows.
- Unlimited item banks
- Administrative permissions
- Search options
- Bulk importing and editing
- Customizable metadata fields
- Advanced workflow options
- Folder-based organization
Flexible exam creation
Once your items have been authored, reviewed and tested, it’s time to build your exam forms. Assembling, configuring and organizing your exams is a seamless process with Yardstick Measure.
Cut score configuration (including dynamic pass score calculation)
- Static or rules-based exam form creation
- Multiple print options
- Customizable templates
- “Candidate view” preview
- Move and review questions
- Add breaks
- Set proctoring standards, time limits, etc.
Candidate management and booking
Make the most of computer-based exam delivery with Measure’s automated candidate management features. Candidates can purchase, book and schedule exams online, access practice tests and tutorials, and receive reminders of upcoming exam dates. Organizations can monitor booking requests, purchase history, appeals and exam results.
- Integrated PCI eCommerce system
- Online scheduling and booking system
- Integrated candidate tutorials and information
- Automated stock and customizable email templates for candidate communication
- Customizable candidate exam reports that can be used for real-time exam monitoring or post-administration appeals
RedPen marking workflow
Integrated with Measure, RedPen helps you mark all formats of constructed response questions, from complex case scenarios to short stems with essay responses. From the simple and intuitive administrator interface, you can set up marking teams and workflows, compare and resolve marker conflicts, and more. Privacy settings ensure markers only see the questions they are permitted to grade, and that all candidate-identifying information is hidden to ensure “blind” grading.
- Easy web browser access
- Progress reporting
- Notes and comment fields
- Flexible scoring system (dichotomous and/or polytomous marking scales)
- Resolve marker conflicts (items in consensus greyed out, items in conflict appear red)
- Blind grading
Yardstick Measure is equipped to generate a large range of stock reports. Each automated report provides robust options for filtering by fields such as date ranges, users, and exam history.
- Exam and booking history report
- Items report
- Users report
- Administrator reports
- Exam notes report
- Exam responses report
Uptime is of utmost importance to us and we ensure our server architecture supports scalability and high response time. With 256-bit+ encryption, Canadian-based data centres, 24 hour monitoring, and continuous replicated backups, your data is safe and secure. Our dedicated private cloud and content delivery network make sure you and your candidates access content at lightning fast speeds.
- 256-bit encryption
- Canadian-based data centres
- 24 hour monitoring
- Dedicated private cloud