We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
Your strong interpersonal skills enable you to be a dynamic facilitator, client advocate, and dedicated mentor to more junior team members.
You are an experienced market researcher, looking for the opportunity to take a leading role in an organization that is reinventing itself.
Your business development, leadership, experience and project management abilities are second to none.
Yardstick Research is looking for an analytical, dynamic individual with a passion for research to join our team as a Senior Associate. The successful candidate will play a key role in helping clients in varied industries make informed, effective decisions through the collection of useful and reliable data. This individual will facilitate focus groups and lead projects in both qualitative and quantitative research design and implementation by leveraging significant experience in research. Duties will also include business development, proposal writing, project management, report and presentation preparation, client meetings, presenting research findings, and mentoring junior associates.
This individual will have the unique opportunity to play a leading role alongside our VP Research with reinventing the vision for Yardstick Research and contribute to its growth.
What would you be doing?
- Focus group facilitation.
- Research design, and guiding project management, analysis and reporting.
- Presentation of findings and results.
- Business development and building our book of business
- Guiding advanced analysis
- Creation of strategic recommendations.
- Be a role model to employees, live the core values, and embrace a culture of straight talk and people development.
- Mentor and facilitate the growth of Associates.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Post-secondary education with coursework in research, statistics, and/or evaluation, Masters or PhD level preferred.
- 5+ years of experience facilitating focus groups / open house
- Demonstrated ability to present research findings to a variety of audiences including City Councils, Key Stakeholders, Executives, and the General Public.
- Proficiency in SPSS, Stata, R, or related statistics software.
- Ability to attract clients and consulting project business, including proposal writing.
- Complementary practice areas (public engagement, evaluation, database/panel development) would be considered.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to mentor and promote the development of Associates.
- Previous experience setting strategic goals and visioning.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team and provide strong direction, as well as independently.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Someone who shares our core values: Random Acts of Kindness, Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit, A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Customer Delight Heroes and Honest & Empowered People
- Flexible schedule (some evening work will be required).
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Minimum of 17 days of flexible Paid Time Off
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Regular social events and activities