We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
Your strong communication skills coupled with your passion for interacting with people make it easy for you to sell products and services to new and former customers.
You are an adept problem solver and can quickly focus your sales tactics, approaches and pitches towards your customer or prospect in any given situation.
You are technology savvy and are able to navigate and sell online training material through the phone whilst generating revenue and supporting clients’ goals.
Yardstick is looking for a Sales and Account Specialist to join our Sales and Marketing team in our Calgary office. The successful candidate will be responsible for for selling Yardstick Training’s products through telephone sales and product demos. This is primarily an inside sales role, focused on reactivating former customers and contacting prospects that will be pre-identified by the sales and marketing team.
What would you be doing?
- Proactively contact former customers to reactive them and generate new sales
- Actively contact prospects (warm leads) provided to you for new business generation
- Introduce new products, up-sell and/or cross-sell prospects and customers with appropriate products across all sectors
- Immediately follow-up on sales opportunities received transitioned from the Customer Care Centre Identify appropriate contact within the organization if the provided lead isn’t responsible for purchase decision
- Leverage the monthly promotional calendar and activities as a starting point for the conversation, while ensuring you are representing and selling the aspects of our business that are relevant to the customer or prospect
- Identify companies that are interested in our services that might be good candidates for custom sites or as resellers and hand them off to the appropriate Sector sales team for closing and contract negotiations
- Act as a back-up technical support and order taking for client and Customer Care Centre
What qualities are we looking for?
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills coupled the ability to build rapport and relationship with internal employees and clients
- Knowledge of sales processes, techniques and approaches
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing or sales is an asset
- A proven winner with the ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Ability to effectively present information to audiences of varied sizes and backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as being comfortable calling new and former clients through phone
- Adept with technology and using MS Office
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- RSP Matching Program
- 17 days of flexible Paid Time Off
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)