We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You are a passionate safety expert in the construction field, bringing with you over 3 years of experience in the industry.
You’re a safety-focused Sherlock Holmes, who is skilled in developing safety policies and procedures, conducting field level risk assessments, and investigating on-site incidents.
You have in-depth knowledge of safety on a construction site and would like to be a part of a company that is in the business of sending people home safely to their families.
Grand River Occupational Health and Safety, a company under Yardstick Software Inc., is looking for a Health & Safety Consultant who specializes in the Construction industry. The successful candidate will ensure the quality and professional delivery of our health and safety services to our client base. This role will be reporting to our Cambridge office but can be working out of any location in Canada. You will be expected to travel to client sites.
What would you be doing?
- Facilitate the delivery of our health and safety services to our clients by providing OH&S advice, support, coaching and guidance.
- Ensure that client inquiries are professionally answered; and where applicable, they are referred to appropriate information sources
- Complete and submit on a timely basis all required documents
- Maintain strict client confidentiality
- Develop safety policies and procedures for our clients
- Assisting clients with COR program
- Incident Investigation
- Conduct Job Hazard / Safety Analyses, Field Level Risk Assessments, Heat & Cold Stress Prevention
- Handle Workers Compensation Claims / Return to Work
- Knowledgable in Industrial Hygiene – Noise and Light Monitoring, Air Monitoring, etc.
What qualities are we looking for?
- 3+ Years’ Construction Safety Experience in Commercial, Heavy, Pipeline, Steel, etc.
- University Degree or College Diploma / Certificate in OH&S
- NCSO (National Construction Safety Officer)
- CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) is an asset
- COR Auditing Experience and Training is an asset
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with management, co-workers, and clients
- Willingness to travel to worksites and to the Cambridge office when necessary
- Someone who shares our core values: Random Acts of Kindness, Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit, A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Customer Delight Heroes, and Honest & Empowered People
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RSP Matching Program
- 17 days of flexible Paid Time Off
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)