We are looking for our next Yardsticker…
You are a passionate safety expert, bringing with you over 5 years of experience developing and facilitating health and safety courses.
Your strong oral and written communication skills accompanies with your ability to captivate audiences with your presentation skills makes you an asset to any safety team.
Grand River Occupational Health and Safety, a company under Yardstick Software Inc., is looking for a Health & Safety Trainer. The successful candidate will ensure the quality and professional delivery of our health and safety courses to our client base. This role will be reporting to our Cambridge office but can be working out of any location in Canada. You will be expected to travel to client sites.
What would you be doing?
- Ensure quality and consistency in the delivery of our training programs
- Assist in developing training programs as may be required
- Facilitate and instruct individual and group work activities
- Ensure that client inquiries are professionally answered; and where applicable, they are referred to appropriate information sources
- Complete and submit on a timely basis all required documents related to training delivery
- Identify training opportunities with clients
What qualities are we looking for?
- 5+ Years’ Experience in Facilitating Health & Safety Courses
- University Degree or College Diploma / Certificate in OH&S
- Certificate / Diploma in Adult Education
- CRSP Designation is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with advanced presentation and written skills
- Experience developing training courses is an asset
- Practical hands-on experience with fork trucks and lifting devices (aerial work platforms)
- Experience with other lifting devices (overhead crane, mobile boom crane, etc.) is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract is also a requirement
- Ability and willingness to travel within North America
- Someone who shares our core values: Random Acts of Kindness, Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit, A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Customer Delight Heroes and Honest & Empowered People
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RSP Matching Program
- 17 days of flexible Paid Time Off
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)