We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
In your eyes, there is no such thing as an unsolvable problem. There is only a simple, elegant solution waiting on the other side. While everyone else is watching cat videos on YouTube, you are nerding out over the latest developments in technology – and leveraging your new knowledge to continuously optimize and improve the performance of system infrastructure. You care about user efficiencies, and server uptime, and want the operational freedom to design and deploy whatever cutting edge open source software and technology you’ve learned about – without navigating extensive organizational politics or bureaucracy.
Yardstick is looking for a junior to intermediate I.T. person to join our I.T team. A person to help manage our internal needs (file systems, storage, backups), security, server infrastructure, implementing and upgrading our technology, migrating our systems to a cloud-based solution, and supporting our developers in producing award winning educational testing and training software. We are looking for someone who is fiercely independent, driven, focused and loves to learn new things. You are a designer, a builder, a thinker, and a strategist. You want to create something great.
What would you be doing?
- Manage desktop and server hardware and applications
- Maintaining virtual environments (VMWare ESXi)
- Maintaining backup and disaster recovery assets and processes
- Maintaining systems monitoring and problem detection
- Maintaining maximum uptime for all websites and applications
- Maintain local and remote office wired and wireless networks
- Maintain hardware inventory and manage asset inventory system
- Manage company wide applications (email / file storage etc)
- Source I.T. / Technology solutions for end-user needs
- Maintain and enforce I.T. Security and operational policies
- Manage software licenses for end users and servers
- Manage hardware warranty issues, and repair or replacement of devices
- Stage computers, rotation schedules, and incoming new hardware
- Assist users in general desktop support
- Manage end user ticketing
- Provide solution-oriented upgrades and architecture / infrastructure growth
- Organizing and participating in an on-call rotation for ensuring full time system support
What qualities are we looking for?
- Loves to learn, open to new technologies
- You believe that I.T. is a lifestyle, not a job
- Someone who knows the difference between TCP and IP
- Familiarity with both Mac and Windows Operating Systems
- You take pride in the most simplistic, elegant solution to the most complex problems
- Proactive approach in identifying the root cause of issues and potential solutions
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and within cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of remote desktop work with Windows servers
- Someone who shares our core values
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Keurig machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)