We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You are passionate about helping customers achieve important business outcomes.
You are adept at planning and organizing complex projects with cross-functional teams.
Your strong oral and written communication skills combined with your working knowledge of agile methods make you an asset to our Product Team!
Yardstick is adding a Project Manager to their Product team! Embedded in Yardstick Assessment Strategies, this individual will manage software and service project timelines, ensure projects are within scope and budget, and ensure quality assurance processes are followed.
This role would involve working in collaboration with clients, leadership, and the product team.
What would you be doing?
- Effectively manage changes to project scope, schedule and budget
- Lead the delivery of large client projects that include software and services
- Develop mandates and charters for committed projects
- Collaborate with product team on new features and resolution of issues
- Establish project scope and schedule and ensure that milestones are achieved on-time
- Estimate work effort required and establish project budgets
- Ensure that project deliverables meet or exceed established quality standards
- Conduct project kickoff meetings with clients and internal project teams
- Communicate project status regularly to clients and relationship managers
- Monitor resource utilization, velocity and throughput to maximize productivity
- Monitor planned vs actual effort to ensure to deliver projects within budget
- Ensure that project teams have systems and processes for time tracking
- Effectively manage the resolution of issues that may impact project outcomes
- Conduct retrospectives and post-mortems to identify areas for improvement
- Work collaboratively with the finance, product, leadership and the business development team on providing project updates
What qualities are we looking for?
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Project management certification, PMP designation, or experience
- Proficiency with project management, issue tracking and time tracking software
- Working knowledge of agile methods
- Ability to motivate and empower peers to do their best work in pursuit of the individual and company’s business objectives, and core values
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and within cross-functional teams
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary & bonus potential
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- RSP Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Keurig machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- Unlimited growth potential at one of Canada’s fastest growing companies