We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
You are a passionate testing and measurement expert, experienced in developing and maintaining defensible client exams.
You are a deeply motivated, proactive problem solver. You are excited at the opportunity to take apart a puzzle and find an elegant solution to the root cause of the issue.
You are an emerging leader in psychometrics and are bilingual in French and English.
YAS is looking for a testing and measurement expert to join the team as a Psychometrician in our fast-growing company. We are looking for a passionate, independent, and adaptable individual that will be a champion of our core values when interacting with our diverse group of clientele.
We’d love to meet you, so if you think this is your gig – let us know with a brief cover letter & resume.
What would you be doing?
- Develop and maintain fair and defensible examination programs, in collaboration with our client partners
- Conduct item development and review sessions
- Facilitate competency profile development
- Design performance-based exam programs (e.g., OSCEs)
- Facilitate blueprinting development
- Collaboratively develop test administration policy and documentation
- Conduct item and test analyses (Classical Test Theory and Item Response Theory), providing interpretation for clients
- Facilitate the development of item templates and models to facilitate Automatic Item Generation (AIG)
- Organize and conduct standard setting sessions (Bookmark, Angoff)
- Conduct collusion detection and other analyses related to test security investigation
- Plan for and generate examination forms based on Automated Test Assembly (ATA) techniques
- Plan and implement statistical equating methods
- Present on psychometric issues at industry conferences
- Provide input into software development of psychometric reporting or test administration features (e.g., CAT, LOFT)
- Assist in business development activities to facilitate strategic growth including promotion of psychometric services and proposal writing
What qualities are we looking for?
- Graduate degree in Education, Psychology, or related field specializing in Educational and Psychological Measurement, or equivalent experience
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as SPSS
- Bilingualism in French/English
- Familiarity with computer programming basics
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form, social and personable
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Very high attention to detail and precise nature is essential
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills
- Fluency with data organization and analysis
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working in a high stakes testing context an asset
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence
- Customer Delight Heroes
- Honest & Empowered People
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RSP Matching Program
- 17 days of flexible Paid Time Off
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Keurig machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)