We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
Your strong attention to detail accompanied by your high proficiency in multiple languages (including English and French) make you a wiz at translating examinations and documents.
You are a relationship-builder – someone who expertly builds rapport and long-lasting relationships with our internal and external client groups through strong interpersonal skills.
You tackle every project with rigour and enthusiasm and are able to juggle multiple priorities and projects in a timely fashion.
YAS is looking for a Translation Coordinator to join our psychometric team in our Ottawa office. We are looking for a passionate, independent, and adaptable individual proficient in multiple languages (including French and English) that will coordinate the translation, revision and editing of a variety of examinations.
What would you be doing?
- Translates, revises, edits, proofreads and adapts documents and examinations to ensure that that they are accurate, grammatically correct, and written in an appropriate style for delivery to clientele.
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance processes.
- Establishes and maintains a network of external translators, revisers, language reviewers and content experts.
- Revises translations of exams prepared by external translators, ensures the quality, accuracy, reliability and consistency of translations, and the appropriate use of terminology.
- Compares the adapted translations against the final versions of the material to ensure accuracy between the two versions.
- Facilitates translation revision sessions with reviewers and content experts and consolidates external input on documents.
- Orients and provides guidelines to reviewers and content experts for their review tasks.
- Prepares translation activity reports for clients.
- Conducts research work in terminology and produces bilingual electronic terminology lexicons for each testing program or long-term project to ensure continuity and consistency.
- Proofreads documents after the layout stage.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree from a translation program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in translation including editing, revision and proofreading French and English language documents.
- Minimum 1 year experience coordinating translation projects
- Fluently bilingual in French/ English (certification an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to effectively interact with internal and external client groups.
- Ability to facilitate groups and lead translation revision sessions with content experts.
- Excellent knowledge of office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and electronic dictionaries such as TERMIUM® and other terminological research tools.
- Excellent Internet research skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with conflicting and often tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to make independent decisions pertaining to the performance of the above duties
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Embrace the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A Fearless Pursuit of Excellence
- Customer Delight Heroes
- Honest & Empowered People
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- RSP Matching Program
- 17 days of flexible Paid Time Off
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Keurig machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- An active Social Committee and competitive House system (yes, like Harry Potter…)